TransEnterix Capital Sales Cycle

TheWallStreetFox
Administrator
This is a great tidbit from TRXC's recent 10-K. Sets expectations. TRXC expects average capital sales cycle to be 6-12 months for Surgibot and ALF-X....From 10-K filed in early march:

We expect that our sales cycle will be lengthy and unpredictable, which will make it difficult for us to forecast revenue and increase the magnitude of quarterly fluctuations in our operating results.
Purchase of a surgical robotic system such as the ALF-X System and, once cleared, the SurgiBot System represents a capital purchase by hospitals and other potential customers. The capital purchase nature of the transaction, the complexity of our product, the relative newness of surgical robotics and the competitive landscape requires us to spend substantial time and effort to assist potential customers in evaluating our robotic systems. We must communicate with multiple surgeons, administrative staff and executives within each potential customer in order to receive all approvals on behalf of such organizations. We may face difficulty identifying and establishing contact with such decision makers. Even after initial acceptance, the negotiation and documentation processes can be lengthy. Additionally, our customers may have stricter limitations on spending given the current economic climate. We expect our sales cycle to typically range between six and twelve months, but it may be longer. Any delay in completing sales in a particular quarter could cause our operating results to fall below expectations. We also expect such lengthy sales cycle makes it more difficult for us to accurately forecast revenue in future periods and may cause revenues and operating results to vary significantly in future periods.

Re: TransEnterix Capital Sales Cycle

Radder1
Good stuff as always, thus why FDA approval is only the first inning.  Many things have to go right for this to work in the long run.. Aggressive Caution, that's how I'm trading this beast!

#Bullish