Stock Idea Generation

TheWallStreetFox
Administrator
Any stock ideas, long or short, short term, medium term, or long term?

I am long Neovasc. Spec medical device company that is racing to develop first FDA approved mitral heart valve, which analysts expect to be 4x the size of aortic heart valve market. Edwards Life Science, Abbott and other big names are racing as well, but Neovasc is farthest ahead so far. Theyve done 11 inhuman implants and the device works flawlessly. This is a very long term name, don't expect Tiara commercialization until 2018+.....definitely a buyout candidate.

I am long Vector Group, but have been getting concerned about the sustainability of their 7% cash dividend and 5% stock dividend. I am not adding any more shares to this name.

CoCrystal Pharma (COCP) is another spec biotech play that is basically an investment in management. This is a pre clinical stage company but Dr. Raymond Schinazi is behind it. Schinazi developed virtually all of the Gilead blockbuster drugs. 90% of drugs taken by HIV/Aids/HCV virus was developed by Schinazi. He was the man behind Pharmassett which Gilead bought for $11B, and Triangle Pharmaceuticals, which was sold to Gilead for ~$500M, and Idenix, which Merck bought for a few billion.

share your ideas.

Re: Stock Idea Generation

Radder1
MDVN, been in this a few weeks, based solely on as a takeover target.  They have a quality business, but tons of chatter recently and I'm long and waiting patiently.